Material Science Intern
We are looking for a material science intern who can assist with ongoing applied research project. In short, we are developing novel mycelium materials and piloting them in various applications, such as building and design materials.
Previous experience with mycelium materials is not mandatory. However, we are looking for a talented person with an experimental mind willing to learn new things and who has a keen interest in material development.
Myceen is one of the few companies in the world developing carbon-negative design and building materials by combining organic leftovers with mushroom mycelium.
Our capable team has won several design awards and grants. So, you’d be working in an exciting, international, and multidisciplinary team combining business, design, material and biosciences.
Send us your:
– Few lines about yourself
You will be working with our team to test, prototype and develop mycelium materials:
– Tests related to material properties
– Analysis of the material
– Iterations and ideation for improvements
– Piloting of the material in the lab & real environment
– Helping with daily material preparation and production tasks
What we offer:
– Paid internship
– Full time internship in Tallinn
– Diverse and interdisciplinary work with international projects
– A unique experience to learn about mycelium materials in one of the few mycelium companies in the world
What we look for:
– Education in Material Science or similar fields
– Interest and willingness to learn new things
– Tallinn-based or close proximity